Blog Archive

Saturday, March 16, 2019

December Little Victories

I keep a journal and every morning I record something that happened the day before that I consider a "little victory". Something that either made me proud, made me happy, or just something good that can always remind me why I'm doing this. So these are my Little Victories from December:

I had a good morning coffee interaction, its so nice being able to speak Malagasy when people expect me to speak French

Today I cleared the board while all 5 of my students were on break and they came back and said they had the "cool" teacher, ha!

After my last class of 5eme for the day a little girl walked me home and held my hand the whole time.

For my first 6eme class it started pouring right at the beginning and no one could hear anything but by the time Madame Fanja got done helping me with attendance it stopped raining and we were able to begin teaching.

What had started out as a planned day of solitude turned into an afternoon of little people all over my yard, a nice little walk with my new shy little friend, and then a walk with Menja speaking and teaching English and Malagasy back and forth.

In the morning I was at my coffee lady and a rogue omby started coming my way and she opened her door to let me come inside. People are wonderful.

Sat for a couple hours with Aina (my host brother) just trying to work on my rubic cube. It was a peaceful afternoon

I made peanut butter for the first time today! I may never buy peanut butter again

Called home with the gang all there. My heart is so full!

Niny came to my house to see if I wanted to spend time with her. It was such a good afternoon

I have running partners! We start at 5am and its slowly killing me but I am doing it and I have accountability

Maybe my purpose here isn't to save the world but rather to become the best version of myself and to be a good friend/person. Let myself live and enjoy this period of abundance and give that abundance of joy, peace, and friendship to others. Let myself enjoy being in this moment

Thankful for Tafita and Menja and their willingness to help me with my Malagasy no matter how bad my memory is

My little students are so eager to learn and practice English! Anytime they see me they're practicing their greetings, it's so precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment